Thursday, January 19, 2012

Reagan's Quilt

What a way to start my blog! This is the first quilt finished in 2012. Made especially for my new niece REAGAN ALYSSA!!! She was born yesterday (Jan 18th) and is a beautiful baby. The fabric is the Zippee from Connecting Threads. I love their fabric, love the feel of it, love the price, and love that there was no work involved in searching out different fabrics (usually not my favorite part of quilting)! I ran short on binding, I don't know if I didn't cut enough or was just missing a strip, but I was about 6 inches short and ended up piecing the rest with the very small scraps that were left. I think this may become my trade mark because it seems to happen to me more often than I'd like to admit.








I'm pretty proud of the stippling since it's only the fourth quilt I've free motioned. I was also excited about the color of thread I chose, it worked perfectly, it's not too overwhelming and doesn't blend in too much.







I pieced the back with the leftovers from the fat eighths.





Since I'm new to this blogging thing I will work on getting the pictures in the right order. I wanted this one to be first. The pattern is "Tiny Turning Twenty." It used twenty fat eighths, instead of fat quarters. It went together pretty quickly, and there is just something about a "tiny" anything. I showed my first Turning Twenty quilt to some friends and they didn't say much, but when they saw this quilt they "oohed and ahhed." I don't know if it's just because the of the smaller blocks (anything smaller is cuter) or if it was the fabric. Whatever the reason I was really happy with how it turned out and I hope that little Reagan enjoys it for many years!






8 comments:

  1. What a great quilt! That snuggled up baby is adorable! I'm always scrapping things together too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect colourful quilt! I think it only makes it better with the pieced binding, it makes it more personal. Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so great. i love your quilting. the bright fabrics are really fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the grandma of this lucky baby and the proud mom of the quilter. It is so gratifying to see your daughter enjoy a hobby that you've enjoyed yourself. As usual, she has surpassed me in talent and production. That's okay, though, cause I can brag and don't have to do the work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With all that cute hair, this quilt is perfect for her! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby is so cute, and the quilt a present so nice!
    Felicidades por esa preciosa niƱa en la familia.
    Besos
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute baby, cute quilt, great quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute quilt! you did a great job on the quilting, too! i love connecting threads fabric, too. so fun!

    what an adorable baby, too. i hope she enjoys her quilt for many years to come.

    thanks for linking up to finish it up friday!

    ReplyDelete